Sunday 12 August 2012

Menu Planning

There are so many resources and good sites out there for menu planning.  I would love to be more organised than I am, and say that there is a constant list of healthy, balanced meals on the front of my fridge for preparation at a moment's notice.  But alas, there is usually an arm-load of dirty dishes, and a kiss and a promise for more attention later.

I was idly blog-hopping last week, and came across the blog I'm An Organizing Junkie orgjunkie.com, with a section on menu planning and links to recipes.  It's certainly inspiring, and I will certainly wile away another afternoon poring through the old blog posts.  They are American recipes though, and it's a bit hit and miss as to recipes I like.

I've even dabbled in the concept of Once a Month Cooking and found more familar recipes at http://www.aussiecooking.com.au/articles/oamc.html.  Again, I'd like to tell you that I jumped headfirst into neatly labelled boxes of healthy prepared freezer-ready meals, but again, all I wound up with was a folder of wistfulness.

Anyway, there are only two of us at home these days, and we are a bit more fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants when it comes to cooking, though my budget could certainly use some help from organisation.  So, this week we are having pepper steak burgers, tuna mornay and beef casserole with mashed potatoes.  Lots of leftovers for lunch.

Are you very organised when it comes to meal preparation?  What's for dinner in your house tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment