Saturday 29 June 2013

Menu Planning for Us

I am getting ready to go back to work tomorrow after a week at home, which means grocery shopping, laundry, ironing and menu planning.

And going to my parents to pick up my phone charger that I left when I stayed there last week.... Yikes!!

I'm afraid I didn't stick very well to the menu plan last week, but never fear, I'm not very far off-track.

And if my calculations are correct, my credit card will be paid out in August, and life will be soooo much easier!!  I'm generally very anti-debt, but you wouldn't know that from my credit card balance at the beginning of the year.  I know it wasn't huge, but I have found it painfully hard to move.  I can't imagine being in such massive amounts of debt - it is seriously an overwhelming and heavy burden. 

So, this week, the boy-child and I will be eating:

Chicken schnitzels -so easy, and sooo good!!

Pork belly.  Did I mention Miss M's boyfriend is a butcher?  Very handy!  I've never cooked pork belly before, and am unsure how I'll prepare it.  Feel free to throw hints at me! :-)

Rissoles and vegetables

Creamy Curried sausages - I found this recipe a few weeks ago, and I just have to tell you how good it is, I loved it!!  The curry is off-set by a tablespoon of sugar, which adds a gorgeous sweetness to the curry and turmeric.  I grew up on curried eggs and sausages, and my mouth was very much looking for eggs, but I really enjoyed this.  I served it on a bed of two-minute noodles. :-)

Pork medallions with apples, and fried rice.  Oh God, now I have to let out my painful secret.  The Flavourstone ads.  I have never bought any of these products, but I am hopelessly addicted to the flavourstone ad.  I just can't fathom though using fried bacon bits out of a packet, or egg substitute in a carton?

Spaghetti bolognaise - I know, we all have our tried and true recipes.  Mine is based on tomato soup, tomato paste, beef stock, oregano and basil.  Yum.  Share your favourite recipe!!!

Tuna mornay.  Again, I have a recipe I wrote out back in the dark ages, and I'm not sure the source.  Probably the Day by Day Cookery book we used in high school?  I made it recently and Son C liked it, so I stick with anything that meets his approval!!

Anyway, I've got to run.  Go and pick up a phone charger *grumble, mumble, bumble*.....

No comments:

Post a Comment